Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lap Games: Action Rhymes and Fingerplays


When Afton was a little bitty, my Mom sent me this book of songs and rhymes with body and finger actions. We have found our favorites, giggled over silly songs and had lots more fun than I ever would have thought could be had!

Using motions, helps our household learn songs, scriptures and rules. When it's my turn to teach preschool, finger plays help the kiddies get those wiggles out without running around.

Check out these great sites and add some new finger plays to your regimen:

Early Childhood Links
Preschool Rainbow
The Best Kids Book Site

Here are some finger play books that are worth a check out at the library (and are available used for excellent prices at Amazon):



Miss Mary Mack to brush up on your playground rhymes


Hand Rhymes new rhymes!!

Now I'm going to spend my snowy May Day teaching Afton her first hand clap and watching Abel giggle at Five Little Monkeys.

No comments: