Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tip Request: entertaining kids on a slim budget

Lachelle, from Phoenix, has asked for tips on ways to entertain her toddler without spending lots of money.

First off, read The Tip Spot! We've got loads and buckets of ideas for you in the past posts and more to come. Christy and I love to play with our kids for free or close to it!

My favorite place for free fun (with free AC too, which you need definitely need living in AZ honey!) is the library. Libraries have puppet shows, lap reads, craft times and special presentations...and you can pick up a book or two on creative play time there!! Summer is a great season for library fun too. This is the first year my daughter will participate in the library reading program, which I loved doing as a child, and am going to love doing again with her!

I know the tips will pour in because every mama has super, fantastic, great ideas on this topic! Let the comments begin...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Pack a picnic lunch in the park and check out the free days that local museums often advertise..but being a librarian I would have to also give a shout out for the library.

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Find or start a local playgroup, Other kids toys are alway more entertaining than the ones at home...

abbyjane said...

we like to go outside and play in the hose. I can sit in my suit and soak in the Vitamin D(much needed after winter), while my toddler is completely entertained! We have to set boundaries (as always) like no spraying mommy, no sitting or throwing mud, and the like, but he truly enjoys it!

We also like to go get a dollar menu item at McD's and play on the play place when the weather is too hot/cold/rainy to play outside.