Monday, October 6, 2008

Milk Carton Ghosts


Last year, I decided to donate my cutesy Halloween decorations. Which left me with basically nothing. I was so happy to see this adorable idea pop up at Family Fun. Easy, spooky but not scary and free!

The steps couldn't be easier!
  1. Wash out milk cartons (I emptied a few of my storage cartons, note the exp. date!).
  2. Cut a hole in the back, about 2 inches around. I used a sharp knife.
  3. Draw spooky faces using a dark color permanent marker.
  4. Insert lights into the hole in the back. One string of lights takes care of my 3 ghosts.
  5. Put inside or outside.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great idea. With my kids not going to preschool this year, we probably won't be going to the pumpkin patch at an awesome rate, so I don't know if we'll be getting pumpkins this year.

I love these ghosts, great idea Liz. Did you use colored lights in yours? I think that looks cool.

christy @ the tip spot said...

i love those! time to update a few of the water bottles anyway!