Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tippin' Tuesday: Easy Dinner Help

Tippin' Tuesdays are back! Let's jump right in with this tip request from Dana in Albuquerque:

I would like a tips on making "dinner" on those nights when you just don't want to make dinner.

Everyone has nights like these Dana! I usually plan 2 easy meals each week to pull out on the tired/too busy weeknights. Some meals that work for my family are: ravioli tossed in olive oil and parmesan, toast and smoothies, sandwich night and crackers-cheese-fruit plates. Keeping something of the frozen variety on hand is another good backup. Christy likes Stouffer's lasagna because it has no preservatives. I love Alexia's sweet potato fries and a lesser evil version of chicken nuggets (Foster Farms has whole grain, white meat, no preservatives) for a surprise treat dinner.

What else can be done on those nights when making dinner just isn't happening? I'm sure we can give Dana lots more ideas!

5 comments:

Ellen on the go said...

My favorites are"Honey, would you please go to Tace Bell and pick up a taco salad" which he is always glad to do, or I fall back to Black Bean Chicken Soup( always in the freezer)( Liz recently posted a version of it) served with some chips. I find that when unannouced company arrives this is the best. We always have a bag of spinach & salad mixto go along with it.

Heidi Boos said...

Breakfast for dinner! French toast, waffles, or pancakes...

Jewels1223 said...

There's a brand of soup called "Bear Creek" that is to die for and makes 8 cups worth in 15 minutes -- all you have to do is add water!! Absolutely amazing!

amy said...

i love canned soup and grilled cheese. also, breakfast is one of our favorite options.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Taco Soup. I try to always have pre cooked hamburger in my freeze. In a saucepan I add canned corn, kidney beans, tomato sauce, green chili's, taco seasoning and some hamburger. Very Easy and delicious!!