Monday, January 5, 2009

Favorite Things: Beauty Products

This week Lizzy and I are going to share with you some our favorite beauty products. And we would love for you to email some of YOURS as well, and on Friday we will post them. Here goes...

Biosilk silk therapy goes anywhere! Put on wet hair, dry hair, even your skin. This stuff rocks! Essentially feels like soft water, and you don't need much. I bought a gift pack for a great price at Target, but you can get it several places online. Can be spendy, so shop around...



You see this stuff at the malls, and usually the sales-people are on the annoying side, BUT some of their stuff is ripe for the pickin'! I got hassled into these nail packs, but I really do love the nail file and the lotion. The up-side: soft and shiny nails, cuticles and hands. The down: must remember to do it every 2 weeks. When I have a brain, my hands feel like butter! AND this is the giveaway prize for the service project this month!! That's right that whole set pictured is up for grabs. Yea for you!


I am a mascara girl. Always. And I recently switched from my fave brand of several years to this CoverGirl Lash Blast when it came out a few months ago. I will not go back to my old ways. Smooth, not too thick, love it! I did have difficulty getting used to the bristles on the wand. They are closer than they appear, and I got poked in the eye a few times before I got it right...and who couldn't use a bit more orange in their make-up bag?

This little bottle is joy. Actual happiness. Or at least what I imagine happy smells like, for a good price. Find all the Dove Body Sprays by the deoderant, but I think this grapefruit scent is perfect for everyday use. Spray your bra, spray your arms, spray your hair if you ran out of time to shampoo. SO many uses. And my 10 year-old daughter loves it too!

I have a really hard time with face make-up. First off, I have combination, highly sensitive skin. Next up: a few scars from various acne episodes and other moments of pain. Summer is a bit easier for me, but winter is blah-time. I have to wear coverage all-over or I might as well be wearing a scary costume well after Halloween. I must share then, that I am in love with this pixi
illuminating tint and conceal. There is a tube of face tint that is very light, and can be layered for extra coverage, and it has these fantastic little "somethings" that make my face all glow-y. I just feel pretty wearing it. To make it even easier, the cap is a concealing stick. Perfect. On the spendy side, but for 2 products not too bad. For me, it is a steal. No more itching, weird rashes, odd redness, periodic hives, extra break-outs (who needs THOSE?) or totally the wrong shade. Face, done.

I shared mine, so please share yours!

5 comments:

Lizzy @ The Tip Spot said...

I love Cover Girl mascara too. I get coupons every few weeks in my paper for $1.00 off so the price gets even better!

Ellen on the go said...

I also love the nail kit, but my most favorite for getting your nails to grow long and strong is Nail Magic. $5.95 for a bottle, put onto clean nails, 1 coat dry for about 1 hour then another. I have always had a probably keeping my nails semi long, this does the trick,In 6 weeks I have long beautiful and healthy nails. The secret: it is the strength that you receive from the base of the nailbead, hence making your nails even stronger, so make sure you push your cuticles down before applying.

Ellen on the go said...

I like having a little color on my lips all day long, so I use Max Factor's or Cover Girl's all in one lipstick, color in one wand, the sealer in the second wand. So many colors to choose from and they do stay on. No more having your husband walk around with your lipstick on his lips. About $8-9 last about 3-4 months.

amy said...

i have used the clinique 3 step system since my younger days and it was wonderful. i just recently switched to cetaphil for a cleanser and i use boots day moisture lotion for the winter and still use clinique dramatically different in the warmer months.

Kierst said...

I have a 3 year old daughter with super curly hair. I have tried many products on it but my all time favorite (so far) is Garnier Fructis style curl sculpting cream-gel. It controls the curls, making them look natural and soft. No more frizz for us! I love this stuff. It can get a little pricy, since we use it every day, but it works better than anything I've tried for curly hair.