Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tippin' Tuesday

The second tip request this week is from Kristie in New York:

I was wondering if you have any tips on how to get your kids to dress themselves. My son is 2 and always gets mad/frustrated when I try to have him dress himself.

My daughter (who recently turned 5) just got the drive to dress herself. So my first tip is to work with your child's personality. Afton just wasn't ready until she was a solid 4-year old. Maybe you can barder with your son: I'll do the shorts and you do the shirt.

My second tip is to keep clothes in outfit sets (a tip I learned from my super sis Christy!!) so it's easy for kids to pick a top and bottom that go together.

This is a great question and I know lots of tips will help Kristie out here!

1 comment:

christy @ the tip spot said...

my 5 year old boy likes to race daddy in the morning, to see who can be dressed first. we have also dressed the kids "wrong" first--think undies on the head, socks on the hands etc.--and then the kids will fix it! mostly, though i just think it needs to be fun! whatever silly or ridiculous thing that will motivate them is what it should be.